Monday, August 11, 2008

The 3-Day



Thank you! Thank you for supporting my journey. You will be happy to know that I totally kicked butt on the 3-Day walk!! Not only have I succeeded through raising money and awareness for breast cancer, but I completed the most physically challenging event of my life. I can say now that I honestly didn't think I would be able to walk 60 miles, but I was wrong. This walk was amazing, just seeing the determination of the other walkers- some breast cancer survivors, some still fighting cancer and many walking for loved ones who lost their battle with the disease, gave me energy to keep pushing through. Even when I walked through the worst calf cramp ever from miles 12-21 on the first day and had the physical theripist doubt that I would make it into day two, and had to call Keith to bring me 4 more pairs of socks on day two!! (I learned the hard way to drink a lot more Gatorade and eat tons of banana & pretzels- if I don't have another all year I'd be happy!). It was worth it to meet the many other people who believe so deeply that we will find a cure for breast cancer, and greatly humbling walk next to survivors! My life has been touched and changed by this amazing event and your outpouring support...

Maybe I'll even do it again next year!!
Love,
Abbie

1 comment:

Sara Weber said...

Way to go Abbie! I'm proud of you!